The British Council is Looking for Senior Researchers to Join Their Pool of Panel Reviewers
The British Council would like to invite expressions of interest from senior and mid-career researchers* – with existing peer review and/or panel experience – to expand their pool of reviewers for the Newton Fund and potentially other British Council Science & Research programmes.
They are looking for senior researchers who are willing to use their experience to support the review process, as well as mid-career researchers who would like to broaden their experience of peer review as a career development opportunity. Please note that they can only consider researchers based at UK institutions. Researchers should have experience in one of the following specialisms:
- Arts and Humanities (they are especially keen to find reviewers who specialise in cultural heritage)
- Biological and Medical Sciences (they are especially keen to find reviewers who specialise in biodiversity)
- Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Environmental, Agricultural and Food Sciences
- Social Sciences
Closing 17 October 2016.
You can find out more information and register your interest here.
* Please note that, for the purpose of this call for expressions of interest, a ‘mid-career researcher’ is defined as being a PhD holder with more than 5 years of research experience. For discipline areas where a PhD is not a usual career requirement, an equivalent qualification or sufficient research experience will be accepted.