The Democratic Citizenship Theme is organising its first Lunch Meetup – Tuesday 27 March (11:00 to 13:00) in Richmond Building
to gather a varied group of researchers with an interest in the topics of ‘Gender, Equality & Diversity’.
These topics are showing increasing potential for a number of different research, innovation or knowledge exchange opportunities. So please come along to tell us what you do, discuss your research ideas, talk about your network, have a think about relevant opportunities and funders for your research, as well as jump-start new collaborations and nurture the existing ones.
Researchers from all Faculties are welcomed as we would like to especially encourage interdisciplinarity.
11:00 – 11:10 – INTRODUCTION
– Welcome from Prof. Leïla Choukroune (Democratic Citizenship Theme Director)
– Outline of Purpose of Event
– Highlight of Current Relevant Funding Schemes
11:10 – 11:30 – ROUNDTABLE PRESENTATION
– Academics quickly introduce themselves to the group, their research and/or teaching interest(s) and their main challenges
11:30 – 11:45 – WORKING TOGETHER
– From information previously gathered, attendees will be grouped to encourage concrete discussions around main topics and/or activities (~3-4 groups max)
11:45 – 12:30 – SMART LUNCH
– Within their groups, researchers share lunch while listing their plan(s) to work together and/or further existing research and teaching activities
12:30 – 13:00 – ACTION PLAN
– Each group will succinctly present their ‘action plan’ and ideas on how to develop work around those 3 topics of Gender, Diversity and Equality.